- This event has passed.
Round the Islands Race
23rd September 2018 @ 12:30 pm - 7:00 pm£5
- A fund-raising event with a competitive edge – there will be prizes.
- Approximately 14 miles ( 22 km ) from Teignmouth, around the Ore Stone, Thatcher Rock and Lead Stone near Torquay, and back to Teignmouth.
- Proceeds will be split between RTRC and the Friends of Derriford Hospital Kidney Unit.
- Open to Seine boats, Gigs and Coastal boats – Men, Ladies and Mixed classes. In mixed crews, at least half of those rowing at any time must be women.
- Team Captains Registration is for complete crews with named boats. If you are wanting to use a Club boat you should note this on the registration. 5 Club gigs and 4 Club seine boats are available and will be allocated by lot to the first teams that register for the event. Coastal boat allocation will be arranged by the section.
- The different types of boats will be handicapped with staggered start times to allow a more collective finish.
- Provisional start times:
o 13:45 for Seine Boats
o 14:30 for Gigs
o 15:00 for Coastals
- Pre-event registration can be done online: https://webcollect.org.uk/rtrc/event/round-the-island-race
- Registration will be from 12:45 in the Lower Point Car Park with the coxes’ briefing at 13:15
- Entry £5 per person in the boat (including coxes) payable on the day.
- Where appropriate, crews can include a passenger to allow for rotation among rowers during the race.
- If you aren’t racing or you wish to donate in addition to your entry fee we have set up a Just Giving page https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/rtrc-roundtheislands
This event will be run in open water and is, therefore, very dependent on the weather. The RTRC Race Committee will let everyone know as early as possible if the event looks to be at risk. A final call will be made by 2pm Saturday 22 Sept.
Please note: If you are entering from another club and want to register online, you will have to set up an account on our webcollect system but this is not linked to RTRC membership and is purely an administrative requirement of the booking system.